Friday, January 11, 2013

I don't beleive in happily ever after

It is me or really the fact stays that "happily married ever after" is a myth and fairytale?
In my 30 plus years of life, I have never came across one such woman , who can claim otherwise. I am not skeptical, but I feel that with marriage even the very known person changes. Be it arranged or love, nothing goes on as expected. But the unfortunate part is , mostly it is the woman who has to bear it down .

Marriage is just a way to chain you down, your spirit , your free will and your voice. Some do it very diplomatically while some in crude way, but the fact remains same 'adjustment'. I am not surprised why there is the legacy of women torture continuing in the society. It will, because women are taught to make 'compromise'. They are taught to be 'soft spoken' bride a ever suppressed daughter in law . But when the instances arises where women try to raise their voice, the chauvinism of men raises their head mostly in panic. Then follows crime against women like rape, burning and murdering.These are no doubt very extreme. But in regular day to day, are there any women out there who can reveal deepest of their anguish, fear or feelings to their male partners? I doubt that.

And until that case arise, marriage always has and always will spell 'disaster' to me !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Surely I want you to say , Please leave your thoughts ....